Vehicle Air Conditioning Repairs and Servicing in Peterborough
At Woodston Motorist Centre we offer full Air Conditioning Repairs and Air Conditioning Servicing at our workshop.
All of our technicians are fully trained to repair and service your vehicle's air conditioning, all of them hold "F Gas" handling certificates.
Most modern cars are fitted with an air conditioning unit, most manufacturers state that the system will naturally lose up to 15% of it refrigerant gas each year.
A poorly performing car air con system can cause a build up of bacteria and other microbes growing inside the evaporator ducts causing a bad smell and sometimes an allergic reaction, especially in children.
- It's recommended that you service your aircon system every 18 months to 2 years
- Protect yourself from bad smells, germs and hay fever allergies by having your pollen filter replaced
- Improve passenger comfort
- Save £££'s in potential repair bills.
Below are the steps we take in our full aircon service and re-gas.
- System Test
- Check the system components such as hoses, belts, condenser, compressor, fans, electrics etc.
- Recover any existing refrigerant from the system
- Santitise the A/C System
- Re-gas (Recharge) the aircon system with refrigerant to vehicle specific levels
- Add air conditioning oil and leak detection dye
- Leak test components
- Then we do a full post re-gas test before handing it back to our customers.